Apr 19, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Span showed concussion-like symptoms after he collided with Braves second baseman Dan Uggla while running the bases on April 11. While it was concerning given his history, he passed a concussion test earlier this week and had no issues during two rehab games with High-A Hagerstown.
Span, 30, was hitting .222 (8-for-36) with three doubles, one triple, four RBI and a stolen base prior to going on the disabled list. The hot-hitting Anthony Rendon has been hitting leadoff during his absence, but he’ll now likely move back down to the No. 2 spot.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)