Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets pitcher John Lannan has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Las Vegas, ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports. Lannan was outrighted on Wednesday to make room for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was added to the bullpen.
Lannan had an ugly start to the season, allowing seven runs in four innings out of the bullpen. Most recently, he allowed three runs in an inning of work as the Mets were blown out by the Angels on Sunday.
Matsuzaka, meanwhile, was pitching well with Las Vegas, allowing three runs over 12 innings, striking out 12 and walking six.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 11
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 68
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 34
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (106)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)