Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Mets pitcher John Lannan has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Las Vegas, ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports. Lannan was outrighted on Wednesday to make room for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was added to the bullpen.
Lannan had an ugly start to the season, allowing seven runs in four innings out of the bullpen. Most recently, he allowed three runs in an inning of work as the Mets were blown out by the Angels on Sunday.
Matsuzaka, meanwhile, was pitching well with Las Vegas, allowing three runs over 12 innings, striking out 12 and walking six.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)