Apr 19, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Mets pitcher John Lannan has accepted his assignment to Triple-A Las Vegas, ESPN’s Adam Rubin reports. Lannan was outrighted on Wednesday to make room for Daisuke Matsuzaka, who was added to the bullpen.
Lannan had an ugly start to the season, allowing seven runs in four innings out of the bullpen. Most recently, he allowed three runs in an inning of work as the Mets were blown out by the Angels on Sunday.
Matsuzaka, meanwhile, was pitching well with Las Vegas, allowing three runs over 12 innings, striking out 12 and walking six.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15