Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Richard Durrett reports that the Rangers have placed outfielder Jim Adduci on the disabled list and called up infielder Luis Sardinas from Double-A Frisco. Adduci suffered a fractured left pinky finger sliding into second base in Friday night’s game against the White Sox and is expected to miss four weeks.
Sardinas, 20, was rated the #72 overall prospect entering the season according to Baseball Prospectus. While he doesn’t offer much in the way of power, he has a high contact rate and steals plenty of bases while playing good defense. In 55 plate appearances to start the season with Frisco, Sardinas posted a paltry .519 OPS.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)