Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
ESPN’s Richard Durrett reports that the Rangers have placed outfielder Jim Adduci on the disabled list and called up infielder Luis Sardinas from Double-A Frisco. Adduci suffered a fractured left pinky finger sliding into second base in Friday night’s game against the White Sox and is expected to miss four weeks.
Sardinas, 20, was rated the #72 overall prospect entering the season according to Baseball Prospectus. While he doesn’t offer much in the way of power, he has a high contact rate and steals plenty of bases while playing good defense. In 55 plate appearances to start the season with Frisco, Sardinas posted a paltry .519 OPS.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)