Apr 19, 2014, 9:00 PM EST
ESPN’s Richard Durrett reports that the Rangers have placed outfielder Jim Adduci on the disabled list and called up infielder Luis Sardinas from Double-A Frisco. Adduci suffered a fractured left pinky finger sliding into second base in Friday night’s game against the White Sox and is expected to miss four weeks.
Sardinas, 20, was rated the #72 overall prospect entering the season according to Baseball Prospectus. While he doesn’t offer much in the way of power, he has a high contact rate and steals plenty of bases while playing good defense. In 55 plate appearances to start the season with Frisco, Sardinas posted a paltry .519 OPS.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 98
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (365)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (98)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (82)