Apr 19, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
The Reds announced this morning that left-handed reliever Sean Marshall has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. Curtis Partch, a right-handed reliever, was optioned down to Triple-A Louisville in a corresponding roster move.
Marshall was limited to just 17 appearances last season due to shoulder problems and had more issues during spring training. However, the 31-year-old has made steady progress since, including a pair of minor league rehab appearances with Triple-A Louisville.
Marshall has been one of the game’s best relievers when healthy in recent seasons, posting a 2.44 ERA in 247 appearances since 2010. He’ll likely pitch in a set-up capacity for the Reds, but Bryan Price could give him some save chances along with Jonathan Broxton until Aroldis Chapman is ready to return from the disabled list.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)