Apr 19, 2014, 1:16 PM EDT
The Reds announced this morning that left-handed reliever Sean Marshall has been activated from the 15-day disabled list. Curtis Partch, a right-handed reliever, was optioned down to Triple-A Louisville in a corresponding roster move.
Marshall was limited to just 17 appearances last season due to shoulder problems and had more issues during spring training. However, the 31-year-old has made steady progress since, including a pair of minor league rehab appearances with Triple-A Louisville.
Marshall has been one of the game’s best relievers when healthy in recent seasons, posting a 2.44 ERA in 247 appearances since 2010. He’ll likely pitch in a set-up capacity for the Reds, but Bryan Price could give him some save chances along with Jonathan Broxton until Aroldis Chapman is ready to return from the disabled list.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)