Apr 19, 2014, 8:58 AM EST
It took a little while, but the Diamondbacks finally have their first win against the Dodgers this season. Thanks to a two-run single by Aaron Hill in the 12th inning, Arizona topped Los Angeles 4-2 at Dodger Stadium last night. Or early this morning, really.
The game was tied at 1-1 until Dodgers reliever Chris Withrow allowed the Diamondbacks to take the lead when he threw a wild pitch on an intentional walk to Martin Prado in the top of the ninth inning. Really. However, Juan Uribe tied things up in the bottom of the ninth with a solo homer against Addison Reed. The two sides traded zeroes in the 10th and 11th innings before Hill put Arizona ahead for good. Trevor Cahill, who was moved to the bullpen this week, pitched a perfect bottom of the 12th to notch his first career save.
The win snapped a six-game losing streak for the Diamondbacks, who currently sit at a major-league worst 5-14 on the season. They were winless in their previous five games against the Dodgers this season.
Your Friday box scores:
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 161
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)