Apr 20, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Last night, Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun blasted his fourth and fifth home runs of the season against the Pirates. His second one was a two-run home run off of Pirates closer Jason Grilli to give the Brewers an 8-7 lead, one they would hold onto for the victory.
Braun did it again on Sunday afternoon. With the Brewers trailing 2-1 in the ninth, the Pirates called on Grilli to lock down the save. But Grilli left an 0-1 breaking ball over the plate and Braun yanked it down the left field line for a solo home run, his sixth of the season.
All six of Braun’s home runs have been hit in the state of Pennsylvania. He blasted three in one game against the Phillies on April 8 along with two on Saturday night and the one on Sunday afternoon.
The Brewers, by the way, would go on to win 3-2 in 14 innings.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)