Apr 20, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Last night, Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun blasted his fourth and fifth home runs of the season against the Pirates. His second one was a two-run home run off of Pirates closer Jason Grilli to give the Brewers an 8-7 lead, one they would hold onto for the victory.
Braun did it again on Sunday afternoon. With the Brewers trailing 2-1 in the ninth, the Pirates called on Grilli to lock down the save. But Grilli left an 0-1 breaking ball over the plate and Braun yanked it down the left field line for a solo home run, his sixth of the season.
All six of Braun’s home runs have been hit in the state of Pennsylvania. He blasted three in one game against the Phillies on April 8 along with two on Saturday night and the one on Sunday afternoon.
The Brewers, by the way, would go on to win 3-2 in 14 innings.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 15
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)