Apr 20, 2014, 2:43 PM EST
As first relayed by FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal, the Twins have claimed outfielder Sam Fuld off waivers from the A’s. Fuld was designated for assignment by Oakland to open up a roster spot for Craig Gentry, who was activated from a season-opening DL stint.
Fuld had two triples, a home run, and four RBI in seven games with the A’s, but he is a .233/.312/.334 career hitter in the major leagues and seems doubtful to make much of an offensive impact in Minnesota.
The 32-year-old can play good defense at all three outfield spots, making him a useful bench piece.
Darin Mastroianni was designated for assignment by the Twins in a corresponding roster move.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 64
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 22
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)