Apr 20, 2014, 1:08 PM EDT
— New York Yankees (@Yankees) April 20, 2014
To clear those roster spots, the Yankees optioned infielder Scott Sizemore to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, designated right-handed reliever Matt Daley for assignment, and placed starting pitcher Ivan Nova on the 15-day disabled list with a partially-torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow.
Teixeira is batting cleanup and playing first base Sunday against the Rays after missing a little over two weeks with a Grade 1 strain of his right hamstring. He is 3-for-12 with two RBI this year at the plate.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 43
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 31
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)