Apr 21, 2014, 11:52 AM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez exited Sunday’s game in the sixth inning with knee tendinitis, bending over at the waist in obvious pain after running out a ground ball.
Rockies manager Walt Weiss insisted afterward that it’s a minor injury Gonzalez has played through off and on for a while and Owen Perkins of MLB.com reports that Gonzalez is considered day-to-day, potentially returning to the lineup as soon as tonight against the Giants.
It’s been a tough opening month for Gonzalez, who had to leave a game during the opening week of the season after swallowing his chewing tobacco. He’s hitting .282 with four homers and an .881 OPS, at least.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)