Apr 21, 2014, 11:52 AM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez exited Sunday’s game in the sixth inning with knee tendinitis, bending over at the waist in obvious pain after running out a ground ball.
Rockies manager Walt Weiss insisted afterward that it’s a minor injury Gonzalez has played through off and on for a while and Owen Perkins of MLB.com reports that Gonzalez is considered day-to-day, potentially returning to the lineup as soon as tonight against the Giants.
It’s been a tough opening month for Gonzalez, who had to leave a game during the opening week of the season after swallowing his chewing tobacco. He’s hitting .282 with four homers and an .881 OPS, at least.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 48
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)