Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Braves have surprised with a major league-best 1.54 ERA from their starters so far this season, but their rotation is about to get even stronger.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mike Minor could be activated from the disabled list to start Saturday against the Reds. Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with some shoulder soreness, but he made it through four minor league rehab appearances (three starts) without incident. The southpaw will be cleared to return if he feels good during a bullpen session tomorrow.
David Hale has a 2.93 ERA through three starts, but he will likely be sent down to Triple-A Gwinnett or be moved to the bullpen when Minor is activated.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)