Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Braves have surprised with a major league-best 1.54 ERA from their starters so far this season, but their rotation is about to get even stronger.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mike Minor could be activated from the disabled list to start Saturday against the Reds. Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with some shoulder soreness, but he made it through four minor league rehab appearances (three starts) without incident. The southpaw will be cleared to return if he feels good during a bullpen session tomorrow.
David Hale has a 2.93 ERA through three starts, but he will likely be sent down to Triple-A Gwinnett or be moved to the bullpen when Minor is activated.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)