Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EDT
The Braves have surprised with a major league-best 1.54 ERA from their starters so far this season, but their rotation is about to get even stronger.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mike Minor could be activated from the disabled list to start Saturday against the Reds. Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with some shoulder soreness, but he made it through four minor league rehab appearances (three starts) without incident. The southpaw will be cleared to return if he feels good during a bullpen session tomorrow.
David Hale has a 2.93 ERA through three starts, but he will likely be sent down to Triple-A Gwinnett or be moved to the bullpen when Minor is activated.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 2
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 38
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 30
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)