Apr 21, 2014, 9:15 PM EST
The Braves have surprised with a major league-best 1.54 ERA from their starters so far this season, but their rotation is about to get even stronger.
According to David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Mike Minor could be activated from the disabled list to start Saturday against the Reds. Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with some shoulder soreness, but he made it through four minor league rehab appearances (three starts) without incident. The southpaw will be cleared to return if he feels good during a bullpen session tomorrow.
David Hale has a 2.93 ERA through three starts, but he will likely be sent down to Triple-A Gwinnett or be moved to the bullpen when Minor is activated.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)