Apr 21, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Last season the Rangers and A’s kept claiming and waiving infielder Adam Rosales back and forth between them and now the AL West rivals are doing the same thing with infielder Andy Parrino.
Oakland acquired Parrino from San Diego as part of the Tyson Ross trade back in November of 2012. Then this March he was claimed off waivers by Texas. And now Oakland has claimed him back off waivers.
None of which really helps Parrino all that much, because now the A’s have optioned him to Triple-A, where he’s already spent parts of four seasons at age 28. Hopefully he’s been renting, not buying. Or maybe Rosales knows a good place to stay.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 25
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 56
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)