Apr 21, 2014, 2:44 PM EST
Last season the Rangers and A’s kept claiming and waiving infielder Adam Rosales back and forth between them and now the AL West rivals are doing the same thing with infielder Andy Parrino.
Oakland acquired Parrino from San Diego as part of the Tyson Ross trade back in November of 2012. Then this March he was claimed off waivers by Texas. And now Oakland has claimed him back off waivers.
None of which really helps Parrino all that much, because now the A’s have optioned him to Triple-A, where he’s already spent parts of four seasons at age 28. Hopefully he’s been renting, not buying. Or maybe Rosales knows a good place to stay.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (74)