Apr 21, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Last season the Rangers and A’s kept claiming and waiving infielder Adam Rosales back and forth between them and now the AL West rivals are doing the same thing with infielder Andy Parrino.
Oakland acquired Parrino from San Diego as part of the Tyson Ross trade back in November of 2012. Then this March he was claimed off waivers by Texas. And now Oakland has claimed him back off waivers.
None of which really helps Parrino all that much, because now the A’s have optioned him to Triple-A, where he’s already spent parts of four seasons at age 28. Hopefully he’s been renting, not buying. Or maybe Rosales knows a good place to stay.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20