Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Cuddyer won the NL batting title by hitting .331 last season and was off to another nice start this year, hitting .317 with three homers and a .906 OPS in 16 games before getting hurt.
Carlos Gonzalez is also banged up in the Rockies’ outfield–although he plans to play through knee problems–so Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Barnes, and Corey Dickerson figure to see added action in the short term.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)