Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Cuddyer won the NL batting title by hitting .331 last season and was off to another nice start this year, hitting .317 with three homers and a .906 OPS in 16 games before getting hurt.
Carlos Gonzalez is also banged up in the Rockies’ outfield–although he plans to play through knee problems–so Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Barnes, and Corey Dickerson figure to see added action in the short term.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)