Apr 21, 2014, 5:43 PM EST
Michael Cuddyer injured his left hamstring last Thursday and after sitting out the entire weekend while on the active roster the Rockies have placed him on the disabled list.
Cuddyer won the NL batting title by hitting .331 last season and was off to another nice start this year, hitting .317 with three homers and a .906 OPS in 16 games before getting hurt.
Carlos Gonzalez is also banged up in the Rockies’ outfield–although he plans to play through knee problems–so Drew Stubbs, Charlie Blackmon, Brandon Barnes, and Corey Dickerson figure to see added action in the short term.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)