VIDEO: The Mets turned a slick double-play against the Cardinals tonight

Apr 21, 2014, 8:47 PM EST

Mets right-hander Jenrry Mejia has tossed six scoreless innings against the Cardinals so far this evening. While he has been brilliant, whiffing seven batters while giving up just four hits and one walk, he has received a little bit of help along the way. For example, check out the video below:

Doesn’t get much prettier than that. To be clear, I’m talking about the play, not the uniforms.

1. nygf - Apr 21, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Can’t believe Murphy developed into a competent fielder. Can’t believe Tejada did anything competent.

2. clydeserra - Apr 21, 2014 at 9:08 PM

CHALLENGE! MURPHY NEVER TRANSFERED IT FROM THE CATCHING HAND TO THE OTHER HAND

• aresachaela - Apr 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM

HAHAHAH XD!!

3. nymets4ever - Apr 21, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I’ve been a staunch Tejada defender since day one and now I feel vindicated, where are all his haters at?? BTW, he went onto make another great play a few innings later. Stephen Drew is so overrated.

• cohnjusack - Apr 21, 2014 at 10:40 PM

Umm..he’s posted a 48 OPS+ and negative dWAR over the past two seasons. I’m assuming the haters are right where they’ve always been, fully justified in their hate.

It doesn’t mean it wasn’t very nice play though.

4. roundballsquarebox24 - Apr 21, 2014 at 9:17 PM

Wow, beautiful diving stop and a perfect barehanded turn by Murphy to complement it. Flawlessly executed play.

5. disgracedfury - Apr 21, 2014 at 9:51 PM

I can’t see the video there wearing camouflage.

6. gibbyfan - Apr 21, 2014 at 10:23 PM

As a cardinal fan even I had to tip my hat on that one. Wish we had that kind of glove a short.

• cohnjusack - Apr 21, 2014 at 10:38 PM

Yeah…it’s one of those ones that you want to be angry about, but it was kind of too beautiful to be upset about.

• gibbyfan - Apr 21, 2014 at 10:56 PM

Even Ozzie couldn’t have done it better—-just wish it hadn’t been Jay because he has been hitting into some bad luck –I think his average could easily be a solid 300 plus.

7. aceshigh11 - Apr 22, 2014 at 6:03 AM

That was a beaut…a REAL beaut, Alice!

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester