Apr 22, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Between his four-start debut last season and two pre-injury starts this year Paxton began his career 5-0 with a 1.75 ERA in 36 innings.
Manager Lloyd McClendon told Jude that the Mariners continue to expect Paxton to be ready to resume pitching in 6-8 weeks from the initial injury date, but he’ll likely need to build up his arm strength for a while before rejoining the rotation.
Fellow top prospect Taijuan Walker is also on the disabled list with shoulder problems and Hisashi Iwakuma is still making his way back from a spring training finger injury, leaving the Mariners’ potentially very impressive rotation in shambles beyond Felix Hernandez.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)