Apr 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
MLB Network announced this morning that it has hired Ryan Dempster as a studio analyst. Dempster, the press release says “will appear across MLB Network’s studio programming.” He’ll make his debut tomorrow during High Heat with Christopher Russo. He’ll be the one not screaming like a maniac and acting as if his volume and faux-exasperation provides a good substitute for insight.
Dempster announced back in February that, while he is not officially retiring as a player, he’s sitting out this his season due to “physical reasons and his desire to spend more time with his kids.” One suspects that taking this gig makes the one-year off a lot more of a permanent thing.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)