Apr 22, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
MLB Network announced this morning that it has hired Ryan Dempster as a studio analyst. Dempster, the press release says “will appear across MLB Network’s studio programming.” He’ll make his debut tomorrow during High Heat with Christopher Russo. He’ll be the one not screaming like a maniac and acting as if his volume and faux-exasperation provides a good substitute for insight.
Dempster announced back in February that, while he is not officially retiring as a player, he’s sitting out this his season due to “physical reasons and his desire to spend more time with his kids.” One suspects that taking this gig makes the one-year off a lot more of a permanent thing.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 0
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 0
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 127
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (130)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)