Apr 22, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Batting practice can be a dangerous place, as Royals first base coach Rusty Kuntz unfortunately learned Monday when a Salvador Perez line drive broke his wrist.
Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star reports that Kuntz was just minding his own business, standing in center field getting ready to hit some fungoes, when Perez lined a ball into his arm. Or as Kuntz described it:
I thought somebody hit me with a baseball bat. It was like “Oh my God. What the hell?” And that was the first time I’ve ever broken a bone.
He’s hoping to be back on the job as soon as this weekend and in the meantime Kuntz mostly seems focused on trying to make Perez feel less bad about what happened after a previous line drive off the Royals catcher’s bat struck Aroldis Chapman in the head.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $55,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Tuesday night’s MLB games. It’s just $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)