Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 PM EDT
Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright was pulled at 79 pitches on Tuesday at Citi Field after taking an off step while trying to track down a high-chopper on the infield. He was then diagnosed with a hyperextended right knee, but it sounds like a rather minor injury.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the tall righty made it through his typical after-starts workout on Wednesday and said that he expects to take his normal turn in the Cardinals’ rotation this Sunday against the division-rival Pirates.
Wainwright, 32, owns a spectacular 1.46 ERA and 0.81 WHIP with 35 strikeouts through 37 innings (five starts) this season.
He finished second behind Clayton Kershaw in the 2013 National League Cy Young Award voting.
Aug 29, 2015, 8:20 PM EDT
The Brewers pulled Francisco Rodriguez back after he was claimed on revocable waivers last week.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:28 PM EDT
The Mets have bolstered their bullpen, acquiring Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks.
Aug 29, 2015, 7:15 PM EDT
Lance Lynn hurt his right ankle in the eighth inning of Saturday’s start versus the Giants.
Aug 29, 2015, 6:55 PM EDT
Max Stassi will return to the majors as Jason Castro was placed on the disabled list on Saturday.
Aug 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
2016 will be Vin Scully’s last season behind the mic.
Aug 29, 2015, 5:26 PM EDT
Rzepczynski was just acquired by the Padres last month, but he could soon be on the move again.
Aug 29, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
Encarnacion extended his hitting steak to 24 games and also drove in a career-high nine runs.
Aug 29, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
Kimbrel won’t be traded this season.
Aug 29, 2015, 3:57 PM EDT
Gose had a costly brain camp this afternoon against the Blue Jays.
Aug 29, 2015, 2:13 PM EDT
Well done by the Trouts and the Angels.
Aug 29, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Mookie Betts and Mookie Wilson will meet Saturday afternoon at Citi Field.
Aug 29, 2015, 12:32 PM EDT
Indians manager Terry Francona has the ability to opt out of his contract if team president Mark Shapiro or general manager Chris Antonetti were to leave the organization.
Aug 29, 2015, 11:36 AM EDT
Morneau has been out since May 13 with a concussion symptoms and a cervical neck strain.
Aug 29, 2015, 10:45 AM EDT
The catwalk at Tropicana Field strikes again. After it robbed Twins rookie Miguel Sano of a home run on Thursday night, it fooled Rays outfield Kevin Kiermaier on this two-run homer from Royals designated hitter Kendrys Morales last night.
Aug 29, 2015, 10:06 AM EDT
Teixeira fouled a ball of his right leg on August 17 and hasn’t seen much in the way of improvement.
Aug 29, 2015, 9:35 AM EDT
With the Braves getting blown out by the Yankees last night, outfielder Jonny Gomes got an opportunity to pitch the top of the ninth inning. As you might expect, it was pretty entertaining.
Aug 29, 2015, 8:55 AM EDT
A quick recap from a busy Friday around MLB, including a dominant outing from Cole Hamels.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:40 PM EDT
Ike Davis recently underwent hip surgery, but is expected to be ready to participate in spring training next year.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:05 PM EDT
Chris Capuano has had an interesting season. In particular, he’s had a busy August.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:37 PM EDT
Baseball fans rejoice: Vin Scully will return to call Dodgers games in 2016.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 1
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 11
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)