Apr 23, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
There hasn’t been any noise to that effect out of Arizona despite the Diamondbacks horrific start, but Jon Morosi of Fox notes today that some Diamondbacks players are giving the sorts of quotes you tend to see from teams who make major changes at the top soon after.
Specifically, some quotes from Eric Chavez. Like this:
“I’ve never seen anything like it, to be honest with you,” Chavez said. “I’ve been on teams that weren’t very good, but at least I felt like we were competitive. So, it’s a bitter pill to swallow.
It’s not yet into the territory of “Gibby Watch” or anything, but the thing that tends to inspire those sorts of moves is discouraged-sounding ballplayers. Probably worth watching.
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 26
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)