Apr 23, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
There hasn’t been any noise to that effect out of Arizona despite the Diamondbacks horrific start, but Jon Morosi of Fox notes today that some Diamondbacks players are giving the sorts of quotes you tend to see from teams who make major changes at the top soon after.
Specifically, some quotes from Eric Chavez. Like this:
“I’ve never seen anything like it, to be honest with you,” Chavez said. “I’ve been on teams that weren’t very good, but at least I felt like we were competitive. So, it’s a bitter pill to swallow.
It’s not yet into the territory of “Gibby Watch” or anything, but the thing that tends to inspire those sorts of moves is discouraged-sounding ballplayers. Probably worth watching.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (346)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)