Apr 24, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Padres third baseman Chase Headley is off to a slow start in his walk year and now he has another injury to deal with, as Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that he left tonight’s game against the Nationals with a right calf strain. He appeared to tweak it on a swing in the second inning.
It’s a concerning development, as Headley missed a month during spring training with the very same injury. As such, a trip to the disabled list would not be surprising.
Headley, 29, is batting just .186 (13-for-70) with two home runs and seven RBI through 20 games this season. He has been playing through right biceps and left knee soreness.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 46
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)