Apr 24, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Padres third baseman Chase Headley is off to a slow start in his walk year and now he has another injury to deal with, as Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that he left tonight’s game against the Nationals with a right calf strain. He appeared to tweak it on a swing in the second inning.
It’s a concerning development, as Headley missed a month during spring training with the very same injury. As such, a trip to the disabled list would not be surprising.
Headley, 29, is batting just .186 (13-for-70) with two home runs and seven RBI through 20 games this season. He has been playing through right biceps and left knee soreness.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)