Apr 24, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Padres third baseman Chase Headley is off to a slow start in his walk year and now he has another injury to deal with, as Corey Brock of MLB.com reports that he left tonight’s game against the Nationals with a right calf strain. He appeared to tweak it on a swing in the second inning.
It’s a concerning development, as Headley missed a month during spring training with the very same injury. As such, a trip to the disabled list would not be surprising.
Headley, 29, is batting just .186 (13-for-70) with two home runs and seven RBI through 20 games this season. He has been playing through right biceps and left knee soreness.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 4
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)