Apr 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This is all kinds of fun. The New York Times has a map which breaks down baseball fandom by county. The methodology isn’t exactly science — it finds out the percentage of people who list a given team as their favorite in Facebook profiles by county — but it is kind of fun.
My county is about as perfectly represented as intuition would have it: an even split between Indians and Reds fans, with a healthy dollop of Yankees fans too. That Yankees part is attributale to the longtime affiliation of the Columbus Clippers with the Yankees, the fact that — and I should write about this some other time — there are still a handful of random, clinging-on minority owners from the original Steinbrenner purchase of the Yankees here in Columbus and because, well, frontrunning fans will be frontrunners.
Anyway, have a ball.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)