Apr 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
This is all kinds of fun. The New York Times has a map which breaks down baseball fandom by county. The methodology isn’t exactly science — it finds out the percentage of people who list a given team as their favorite in Facebook profiles by county — but it is kind of fun.
My county is about as perfectly represented as intuition would have it: an even split between Indians and Reds fans, with a healthy dollop of Yankees fans too. That Yankees part is attributale to the longtime affiliation of the Columbus Clippers with the Yankees, the fact that — and I should write about this some other time — there are still a handful of random, clinging-on minority owners from the original Steinbrenner purchase of the Yankees here in Columbus and because, well, frontrunning fans will be frontrunners.
Anyway, have a ball.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)