Apr 24, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
This is all kinds of fun. The New York Times has a map which breaks down baseball fandom by county. The methodology isn’t exactly science — it finds out the percentage of people who list a given team as their favorite in Facebook profiles by county — but it is kind of fun.
My county is about as perfectly represented as intuition would have it: an even split between Indians and Reds fans, with a healthy dollop of Yankees fans too. That Yankees part is attributale to the longtime affiliation of the Columbus Clippers with the Yankees, the fact that — and I should write about this some other time — there are still a handful of random, clinging-on minority owners from the original Steinbrenner purchase of the Yankees here in Columbus and because, well, frontrunning fans will be frontrunners.
Anyway, have a ball.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 27
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40