Apr 24, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Demoted back to the minors at the end of spring training, Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz is now on the Triple-A disabled list with what the team is calling arm soreness and inflammation.
Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that no structural damage was found during an MRI exam, but given Feliz’s history of arm injuries it’s obviously a big worry.
Feliz has struggled to regain his peak velocity since Tommy John elbow surgery, missing most of last season. He posted a 1.59 ERA and 6/2 K/BB ratio in 5.2 innings at Triple-A before being shut down, but last pitched on April 16.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)