Apr 24, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
Demoted back to the minors at the end of spring training, Rangers right-hander Neftali Feliz is now on the Triple-A disabled list with what the team is calling arm soreness and inflammation.
Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest reports that no structural damage was found during an MRI exam, but given Feliz’s history of arm injuries it’s obviously a big worry.
Feliz has struggled to regain his peak velocity since Tommy John elbow surgery, missing most of last season. He posted a 1.59 ERA and 6/2 K/BB ratio in 5.2 innings at Triple-A before being shut down, but last pitched on April 16.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)