Apr 24, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
My entire life experience with pine tar is (a) watching George Brett go crazy after the famous pine tar game homer; and (b) seeing pitchers get in trouble for putting it on their hands. I really don’t know what pine tar is or what its non-baseball uses are.
Thank goodness for people who do. Like the folks at NBC News who explain here what the stuff actually is. Insert that old “The More You Know” graphic.
In other NBC News news, I will be on NBC Nightly News tonight talking about Michael Pineda and the pine tar junk. It’ll be the last segment, because The Man can’t handle me before 6:45. And I am wearing a tie, so you know it’s special. Anything for Brian Williams.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 15
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 25
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 38
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)