Apr 24, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
My entire life experience with pine tar is (a) watching George Brett go crazy after the famous pine tar game homer; and (b) seeing pitchers get in trouble for putting it on their hands. I really don’t know what pine tar is or what its non-baseball uses are.
Thank goodness for people who do. Like the folks at NBC News who explain here what the stuff actually is. Insert that old “The More You Know” graphic.
In other NBC News news, I will be on NBC Nightly News tonight talking about Michael Pineda and the pine tar junk. It’ll be the last segment, because The Man can’t handle me before 6:45. And I am wearing a tie, so you know it’s special. Anything for Brian Williams.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)