Apr 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today I linked Dirk Hayhurst’s guide to scuffing baseballs. Dirk’s full-on heel-turn continues, as today marks the release of his baseball role-playing game for iPhone. Yes, it’s a real thing. And it sounds pretty fantastic:
In Bush League: The Baseball RPG you play as an aspiring prospect looking for an edge to make it to the top of baseball. In your quest for greatness, you turn to PED use. Unfortunately, all the other players are using them as well. If you want to beat the best, you’ve got to out cheat the best.
Bush League lets you mix and match different PED powers to turn yourself into the perfect player. And you’ll need those powers if you’re going to best Bush League’s 24 bosses, each based on a real baseball personality. Cleat chasers who give you mysterious rashes, starting pitchers who like to tweet too much, hypocritical commissioners, meathead home run hitters, and robotic umpires bent on human annihilation. It’s all here, and more!
Go here to see an extended description of it, complete with some awesome comic-book style illustrations of the characters, many of whom look an awful lot like people you may know. Like, for example, a Commissioner of Baseball who bears a strange resemblance to a used car salesman-turned Sith Lord Emperor of the galaxy. Go to the iTunes store to get the game. It’s $2.99, and based on what I’m seeing so far, it has to be worth it.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)