Apr 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today I linked Dirk Hayhurst’s guide to scuffing baseballs. Dirk’s full-on heel-turn continues, as today marks the release of his baseball role-playing game for iPhone. Yes, it’s a real thing. And it sounds pretty fantastic:
In Bush League: The Baseball RPG you play as an aspiring prospect looking for an edge to make it to the top of baseball. In your quest for greatness, you turn to PED use. Unfortunately, all the other players are using them as well. If you want to beat the best, you’ve got to out cheat the best.
Bush League lets you mix and match different PED powers to turn yourself into the perfect player. And you’ll need those powers if you’re going to best Bush League’s 24 bosses, each based on a real baseball personality. Cleat chasers who give you mysterious rashes, starting pitchers who like to tweet too much, hypocritical commissioners, meathead home run hitters, and robotic umpires bent on human annihilation. It’s all here, and more!
Go here to see an extended description of it, complete with some awesome comic-book style illustrations of the characters, many of whom look an awful lot like people you may know. Like, for example, a Commissioner of Baseball who bears a strange resemblance to a used car salesman-turned Sith Lord Emperor of the galaxy. Go to the iTunes store to get the game. It’s $2.99, and based on what I’m seeing so far, it has to be worth it.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 31
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 60
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)