Apr 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Earlier today I linked Dirk Hayhurst’s guide to scuffing baseballs. Dirk’s full-on heel-turn continues, as today marks the release of his baseball role-playing game for iPhone. Yes, it’s a real thing. And it sounds pretty fantastic:
In Bush League: The Baseball RPG you play as an aspiring prospect looking for an edge to make it to the top of baseball. In your quest for greatness, you turn to PED use. Unfortunately, all the other players are using them as well. If you want to beat the best, you’ve got to out cheat the best.
Bush League lets you mix and match different PED powers to turn yourself into the perfect player. And you’ll need those powers if you’re going to best Bush League’s 24 bosses, each based on a real baseball personality. Cleat chasers who give you mysterious rashes, starting pitchers who like to tweet too much, hypocritical commissioners, meathead home run hitters, and robotic umpires bent on human annihilation. It’s all here, and more!
Go here to see an extended description of it, complete with some awesome comic-book style illustrations of the characters, many of whom look an awful lot like people you may know. Like, for example, a Commissioner of Baseball who bears a strange resemblance to a used car salesman-turned Sith Lord Emperor of the galaxy. Go to the iTunes store to get the game. It’s $2.99, and based on what I’m seeing so far, it has to be worth it.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)