Apr 25, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
On Wednesday, Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Trumbo’s foot was examined by a specialist and the D-Backs learned that their slugger will miss six weeks, as the third metatarsal suffered the stress fracture, per Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona.
Trumbo heads to the shelf with a league-leading seven home runs. However, he hadn’t done much else at the plate, carrying a .210/.264/.506 slash line over 84 plate appearances. Trumbo’s poor defense in left field also dragged his value down. Baseball Reference currently lists him at -0.2 WAR.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 19
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (91)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)