Apr 25, 2014, 8:35 PM EST
On Wednesday, Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Trumbo’s foot was examined by a specialist and the D-Backs learned that their slugger will miss six weeks, as the third metatarsal suffered the stress fracture, per Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona.
Trumbo heads to the shelf with a league-leading seven home runs. However, he hadn’t done much else at the plate, carrying a .210/.264/.506 slash line over 84 plate appearances. Trumbo’s poor defense in left field also dragged his value down. Baseball Reference currently lists him at -0.2 WAR.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)