Apr 25, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Diamondbacks left fielder Mark Trumbo was diagnosed with a stress fracture in his left foot. Trumbo’s foot was examined by a specialist and the D-Backs learned that their slugger will miss six weeks, as the third metatarsal suffered the stress fracture, per Jack Magruder of FOX Sports Arizona.
Trumbo heads to the shelf with a league-leading seven home runs. However, he hadn’t done much else at the plate, carrying a .210/.264/.506 slash line over 84 plate appearances. Trumbo’s poor defense in left field also dragged his value down. Baseball Reference currently lists him at -0.2 WAR.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)