Apr 25, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
Before deciding on surgery Betancourt had talked about retiring at age 39, but instead he’ll try to make a comeback in the organization he’s been with since mid-2009.
There’s a slim chance he could be cleared to pitch for Colorado late this season, but odds are he’ll be looking at a 2015 return and the Rockies will be doing him a solid by letting him rehab with them in the meantime. For now he’ll head to extended spring training in Arizona.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 31
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)