Apr 25, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
Rangers right-hander Hector Noesi had a miserable outing Sunday against the White Sox, getting knocked around for seven runs in one inning. He was then designated for assignment by the Rangers and today he was claimed off waivers by … the White Sox.
After you beat them, let them join you. Is that how the old saying goes?
Noesi has actually been terrible against more than just the White Sox, boasting a 5.81 ERA in 197 innings as a big leaguer. And he’s been similarly awful at Triple-A with a 5.33 ERA in 174 innings.
I’m not sure why the White Sox felt the need to acquire Noesi, but the least they could do is keep him on the roster long enough to let him face his old Rangers teammates.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)