Apr 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Rain kept Manny Machado off of the field on Friday night in his first rehab start, but it didn’t keep him out of the lineup. As the DH for the Frederick Keys as they took on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Machado went 3-for-4 with two doubles and a triple. Not a bad start.
Machado, recovering from surgery on his left knee, will play third base Saturday afternoon against the Carolina Mudcats. As long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks, Machado could rejoin the Orioles next weekend. Jonathan Schoop has been filling in for Machado at third base, but could still stay on the roster given his positive contributions in the first four weeks of games.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)