Apr 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Rain kept Manny Machado off of the field on Friday night in his first rehab start, but it didn’t keep him out of the lineup. As the DH for the Frederick Keys as they took on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Machado went 3-for-4 with two doubles and a triple. Not a bad start.
Machado, recovering from surgery on his left knee, will play third base Saturday afternoon against the Carolina Mudcats. As long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks, Machado could rejoin the Orioles next weekend. Jonathan Schoop has been filling in for Machado at third base, but could still stay on the roster given his positive contributions in the first four weeks of games.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 0
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 11
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (91)