Apr 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
Rain kept Manny Machado off of the field on Friday night in his first rehab start, but it didn’t keep him out of the lineup. As the DH for the Frederick Keys as they took on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Machado went 3-for-4 with two doubles and a triple. Not a bad start.
Machado, recovering from surgery on his left knee, will play third base Saturday afternoon against the Carolina Mudcats. As long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks, Machado could rejoin the Orioles next weekend. Jonathan Schoop has been filling in for Machado at third base, but could still stay on the roster given his positive contributions in the first four weeks of games.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)