Apr 26, 2014, 12:55 PM EST
Rain kept Manny Machado off of the field on Friday night in his first rehab start, but it didn’t keep him out of the lineup. As the DH for the Frederick Keys as they took on the Myrtle Beach Pelicans, Machado went 3-for-4 with two doubles and a triple. Not a bad start.
Machado, recovering from surgery on his left knee, will play third base Saturday afternoon against the Carolina Mudcats. As long as he doesn’t suffer any setbacks, Machado could rejoin the Orioles next weekend. Jonathan Schoop has been filling in for Machado at third base, but could still stay on the roster given his positive contributions in the first four weeks of games.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)