Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Fact: George Springer is very fast. Also a fact: Josh Reddick has a very strong arm. The players’ skills went head-to-head in the bottom of the fourth of Saturday night’s game between the Athletics and Astros.
With a runner on second base and no outs, Robbie Grossman hit a fly ball to right field. Reddick camped under the ball, got his momentum going, and then fired a rocket to third baseman Josh Donaldson just ahead of the sliding Springer to complete the 9-5 double play.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)