Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EST
Fact: George Springer is very fast. Also a fact: Josh Reddick has a very strong arm. The players’ skills went head-to-head in the bottom of the fourth of Saturday night’s game between the Athletics and Astros.
With a runner on second base and no outs, Robbie Grossman hit a fly ball to right field. Reddick camped under the ball, got his momentum going, and then fired a rocket to third baseman Josh Donaldson just ahead of the sliding Springer to complete the 9-5 double play.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)