Apr 26, 2014, 10:05 PM EDT
Fact: George Springer is very fast. Also a fact: Josh Reddick has a very strong arm. The players’ skills went head-to-head in the bottom of the fourth of Saturday night’s game between the Athletics and Astros.
With a runner on second base and no outs, Robbie Grossman hit a fly ball to right field. Reddick camped under the ball, got his momentum going, and then fired a rocket to third baseman Josh Donaldson just ahead of the sliding Springer to complete the 9-5 double play.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)