Apr 26, 2014, 8:35 PM EDT
Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald reports that Marlins infielder Rafael Furcal is suffering from tightness in his right groin. He had been rehabbing in the minor leagues, and the club hopes the setback is minor enough that he can resume his rehab on Sunday.
Furcal, 36, was already rehabbing from a strained left hamstring, so a new injury on the other side of his lower half is not welcome news to the Marlins, who signed Furcal to a one-year, $3.5 million deal in December. The plan was for Furcal to play second base everyday, but the Marlins have done fine without him. Derek Dietrich enters Saturday with a 1.004 OPS in 48 plate appearances.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)