Apr 26, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinntai Enquirer reports that the Reds have put catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Mesoraco injured the hamstring in the top of the seventh in Friday night’s game against the Braves and was taken out at the end of the frame.
The Reds called up Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to take Mesoraco’s spot on the roster. Brayan Pena will get the lion’s share of the playing time behind the dish.
Mesoraco, 25, was on fire at the plate, carrying a 1.297 OPS in 53 plate appearances leading up to the injury.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 8
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 22
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 34
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)