Apr 26, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinntai Enquirer reports that the Reds have put catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Mesoraco injured the hamstring in the top of the seventh in Friday night’s game against the Braves and was taken out at the end of the frame.
The Reds called up Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to take Mesoraco’s spot on the roster. Brayan Pena will get the lion’s share of the playing time behind the dish.
Mesoraco, 25, was on fire at the plate, carrying a 1.297 OPS in 53 plate appearances leading up to the injury.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)