Apr 26, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinntai Enquirer reports that the Reds have put catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Mesoraco injured the hamstring in the top of the seventh in Friday night’s game against the Braves and was taken out at the end of the frame.
The Reds called up Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to take Mesoraco’s spot on the roster. Brayan Pena will get the lion’s share of the playing time behind the dish.
Mesoraco, 25, was on fire at the plate, carrying a 1.297 OPS in 53 plate appearances leading up to the injury.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)