Apr 26, 2014, 4:19 PM EST
C. Trent Rosecrans of the Cincinntai Enquirer reports that the Reds have put catcher Devin Mesoraco on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Mesoraco injured the hamstring in the top of the seventh in Friday night’s game against the Braves and was taken out at the end of the frame.
The Reds called up Tucker Barnhart from Triple-A Louisville to take Mesoraco’s spot on the roster. Brayan Pena will get the lion’s share of the playing time behind the dish.
Mesoraco, 25, was on fire at the plate, carrying a 1.297 OPS in 53 plate appearances leading up to the injury.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)