Apr 26, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that Twins minor league infielder Jonatan Hinojosa has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Nandrolone. Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid commonly used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. The athletic benefits of the drug include muscle growth, increased bone density, and increased red blood cell production.
The Twins signed Hinojosa as a non-drafted free agent in 2009. The 21-year-old is in A-ball with Cedar Rapids of the Midwest League for the first time in his professional career. He went hitless in the only game he has played thus far on April 23.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)