Apr 26, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that Twins minor league infielder Jonatan Hinojosa has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Nandrolone. Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid commonly used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. The athletic benefits of the drug include muscle growth, increased bone density, and increased red blood cell production.
The Twins signed Hinojosa as a non-drafted free agent in 2009. The 21-year-old is in A-ball with Cedar Rapids of the Midwest League for the first time in his professional career. He went hitless in the only game he has played thus far on April 23.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 23
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 75
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)