Apr 26, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that Twins minor league infielder Jonatan Hinojosa has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Nandrolone. Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid commonly used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. The athletic benefits of the drug include muscle growth, increased bone density, and increased red blood cell production.
The Twins signed Hinojosa as a non-drafted free agent in 2009. The 21-year-old is in A-ball with Cedar Rapids of the Midwest League for the first time in his professional career. He went hitless in the only game he has played thus far on April 23.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8