Apr 26, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that Twins minor league infielder Jonatan Hinojosa has been suspended 50 games after testing positive for metabolites of Nandrolone. Nandrolone is an anabolic steroid commonly used to treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women. The athletic benefits of the drug include muscle growth, increased bone density, and increased red blood cell production.
The Twins signed Hinojosa as a non-drafted free agent in 2009. The 21-year-old is in A-ball with Cedar Rapids of the Midwest League for the first time in his professional career. He went hitless in the only game he has played thus far on April 23.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 58
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 68
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)