Apr 27, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw will make one more rehab start before rejoining the Dodgers. He’ll likely start on Wednesday with Double-A Chattanooga. Plunkett adds that Kershaw is “not happy” about it.
In his first rehab start on Friday, Kershaw held the Lancaster JetHawks to one run over five innings, striking out six and walking one in the process.
Kershaw, the defending NL Cy Young winner, had been dealing with back inflammation after returning back to the U.S. following the start of the regular season against the Diamondbacks in Australia.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 11
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 96
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)