Apr 27, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw will make one more rehab start before rejoining the Dodgers. He’ll likely start on Wednesday with Double-A Chattanooga. Plunkett adds that Kershaw is “not happy” about it.
In his first rehab start on Friday, Kershaw held the Lancaster JetHawks to one run over five innings, striking out six and walking one in the process.
Kershaw, the defending NL Cy Young winner, had been dealing with back inflammation after returning back to the U.S. following the start of the regular season against the Diamondbacks in Australia.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)