Apr 27, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw will make one more rehab start before rejoining the Dodgers. He’ll likely start on Wednesday with Double-A Chattanooga. Plunkett adds that Kershaw is “not happy” about it.
In his first rehab start on Friday, Kershaw held the Lancaster JetHawks to one run over five innings, striking out six and walking one in the process.
Kershaw, the defending NL Cy Young winner, had been dealing with back inflammation after returning back to the U.S. following the start of the regular season against the Diamondbacks in Australia.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (325)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)