Apr 27, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Bill Plunkett of the Orange County Register reports that Dodgers starter Clayton Kershaw will make one more rehab start before rejoining the Dodgers. He’ll likely start on Wednesday with Double-A Chattanooga. Plunkett adds that Kershaw is “not happy” about it.
In his first rehab start on Friday, Kershaw held the Lancaster JetHawks to one run over five innings, striking out six and walking one in the process.
Kershaw, the defending NL Cy Young winner, had been dealing with back inflammation after returning back to the U.S. following the start of the regular season against the Diamondbacks in Australia.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)