Apr 27, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
Sterling expresses to Stiviano that he doesn’t want her posting pictures on Instagram that show her associating with minority men — like Kemp and Dodgers part-owner Magic Johnson. You can read the transcript from Deadspin at this link.
Kemp was asked about Sterling’s purported comments before Sunday’s series finale against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium and summed up this controversy in one simple sentence …
Kemp: “Racism is kind of old.”
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 27, 2014
Sterling is old, and his opinions are old, and the world will be better off when he goes away.
Kemp, who likes to be active in Los Angeles, also said he’d find it “tough” to attend a future Clippers game.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)