Apr 27, 2014, 3:40 PM EST
Sterling expresses to Stiviano that he doesn’t want her posting pictures on Instagram that show her associating with minority men — like Kemp and Dodgers part-owner Magic Johnson. You can read the transcript from Deadspin at this link.
Kemp was asked about Sterling’s purported comments before Sunday’s series finale against the Rockies at Dodger Stadium and summed up this controversy in one simple sentence …
Kemp: “Racism is kind of old.”
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) April 27, 2014
Sterling is old, and his opinions are old, and the world will be better off when he goes away.
Kemp, who likes to be active in Los Angeles, also said he’d find it “tough” to attend a future Clippers game.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)