Apr 27, 2014, 8:49 AM EDT
It’s all still clicking for the Milwaukee Brewers.
Marco Estrada pitched into the eighth inning, striking out a season-high nine batters, and Khris Davis went yard in the sixth inning for his third home run of the year as the Brew Crew rolled to a 5-3 victory over the Cubs on Saturday at Miller Park.
The game got off on a scary note when Ryan Braun accidentally struck Jean Segura in the face with a bat while doing warmup swings on the dugout steps in the bottom of the first inning, but Segura suffered only a gash and is not expected to need a disabled list stint. Braun then left the game in the ninth inning with an intercostal strain, but it’s considered mild and he shouldn’t be out long.
Brewers closer Francisco Rodriguez closed out Saturday’s win for his MLB-best 11th save.
Milwaukee is 18-6 with baseball’s largest division lead — by far — at 5 1/2 games.
Your Saturday box scores and recaps:
Royals 2, Orioles 3 (10 innings)
Marlins 7, Mets 6 (10 innings)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- Who really owns a home run ball? 58
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)