Apr 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Robinson Cano is returning to New York as the Mariners visit the Yankees for a three-game series beginning Tuesday and the $240 million man will be a guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” tonight on …. corporate synergy drum roll please … NBC.
Emma Stone is the show’s other guest, which is more evidence that Cano is living right.
As for his on-field work, Cano has just one home run 24 games into his 10-year contract with the Mariners, but he’s hitting .301 with a .353 on-base percentage (his career marks are .309 with a .355 OBP) and has been on fire recently.
And also he gets to meet Emma Stone tonight.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)