Apr 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Robinson Cano is returning to New York as the Mariners visit the Yankees for a three-game series beginning Tuesday and the $240 million man will be a guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” tonight on …. corporate synergy drum roll please … NBC.
Emma Stone is the show’s other guest, which is more evidence that Cano is living right.
As for his on-field work, Cano has just one home run 24 games into his 10-year contract with the Mariners, but he’s hitting .301 with a .353 on-base percentage (his career marks are .309 with a .355 OBP) and has been on fire recently.
And also he gets to meet Emma Stone tonight.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)