Apr 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Robinson Cano is returning to New York as the Mariners visit the Yankees for a three-game series beginning Tuesday and the $240 million man will be a guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” tonight on …. corporate synergy drum roll please … NBC.
Emma Stone is the show’s other guest, which is more evidence that Cano is living right.
As for his on-field work, Cano has just one home run 24 games into his 10-year contract with the Mariners, but he’s hitting .301 with a .353 on-base percentage (his career marks are .309 with a .355 OBP) and has been on fire recently.
And also he gets to meet Emma Stone tonight.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 8
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)