Apr 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
Robinson Cano is returning to New York as the Mariners visit the Yankees for a three-game series beginning Tuesday and the $240 million man will be a guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” tonight on …. corporate synergy drum roll please … NBC.
Emma Stone is the show’s other guest, which is more evidence that Cano is living right.
As for his on-field work, Cano has just one home run 24 games into his 10-year contract with the Mariners, but he’s hitting .301 with a .353 on-base percentage (his career marks are .309 with a .355 OBP) and has been on fire recently.
And also he gets to meet Emma Stone tonight.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 18
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 102
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 73
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (102)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)