Apr 28, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
Robinson Cano is returning to New York as the Mariners visit the Yankees for a three-game series beginning Tuesday and the $240 million man will be a guest on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” tonight on …. corporate synergy drum roll please … NBC.
Emma Stone is the show’s other guest, which is more evidence that Cano is living right.
As for his on-field work, Cano has just one home run 24 games into his 10-year contract with the Mariners, but he’s hitting .301 with a .353 on-base percentage (his career marks are .309 with a .355 OBP) and has been on fire recently.
And also he gets to meet Emma Stone tonight.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)