Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
When Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun left Saturday’s game against the Cubs, he was initially diagnosed with a slight intercostal strain. However, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he underwent an MRI yesterday which revealed a strained oblique.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said yesterday that Braun was expected to miss 3-5 days, but it’s unclear whether the updated diagnosis will change the tentative timeline. We’ve seen on countless occasions that oblique injuries are very unpredictable, so there’s still a chance he could end up on the disabled list if he doesn’t see improvement soon.
The Brewers will be using a depleted lineup against Michael Wacha and the Cardinals tonight, as they are also missing shortstop Jean Segura after he suffered a deep gash under his right eye when he was accidentally hit by a warm-up swing from Braun during Saturday’s game. He required plastic surgery as a result and will likely miss a few more days.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 28
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 96
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)