Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
When Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun left Saturday’s game against the Cubs, he was initially diagnosed with a slight intercostal strain. However, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he underwent an MRI yesterday which revealed a strained oblique.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said yesterday that Braun was expected to miss 3-5 days, but it’s unclear whether the updated diagnosis will change the tentative timeline. We’ve seen on countless occasions that oblique injuries are very unpredictable, so there’s still a chance he could end up on the disabled list if he doesn’t see improvement soon.
The Brewers will be using a depleted lineup against Michael Wacha and the Cardinals tonight, as they are also missing shortstop Jean Segura after he suffered a deep gash under his right eye when he was accidentally hit by a warm-up swing from Braun during Saturday’s game. He required plastic surgery as a result and will likely miss a few more days.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8