Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EST
When Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun left Saturday’s game against the Cubs, he was initially diagnosed with a slight intercostal strain. However, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he underwent an MRI yesterday which revealed a strained oblique.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said yesterday that Braun was expected to miss 3-5 days, but it’s unclear whether the updated diagnosis will change the tentative timeline. We’ve seen on countless occasions that oblique injuries are very unpredictable, so there’s still a chance he could end up on the disabled list if he doesn’t see improvement soon.
The Brewers will be using a depleted lineup against Michael Wacha and the Cardinals tonight, as they are also missing shortstop Jean Segura after he suffered a deep gash under his right eye when he was accidentally hit by a warm-up swing from Braun during Saturday’s game. He required plastic surgery as a result and will likely miss a few more days.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)