Apr 28, 2014, 6:40 PM EDT
When Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun left Saturday’s game against the Cubs, he was initially diagnosed with a slight intercostal strain. However, Adam McCalvy of MLB.com reports that he underwent an MRI yesterday which revealed a strained oblique.
Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said yesterday that Braun was expected to miss 3-5 days, but it’s unclear whether the updated diagnosis will change the tentative timeline. We’ve seen on countless occasions that oblique injuries are very unpredictable, so there’s still a chance he could end up on the disabled list if he doesn’t see improvement soon.
The Brewers will be using a depleted lineup against Michael Wacha and the Cardinals tonight, as they are also missing shortstop Jean Segura after he suffered a deep gash under his right eye when he was accidentally hit by a warm-up swing from Braun during Saturday’s game. He required plastic surgery as a result and will likely miss a few more days.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)