Apr 28, 2014, 10:31 PM EDT
Shin-Soo Choo hasn’t played in a week due to a sprained left ankle, but the high-priced outfielder is making progress toward returning to the Rangers’ starting lineup.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Choo tested his ankle this afternoon by running sprints from home plate to first base. He’ll be available off the bench tonight and could return to action tomorrow out of the designated hitter spot.
Choo, who signed a seven-year, $130 million deal with the Texas over the winter, is hitting .314/.432/.500 with two home runs and seven RBI through 88 plate appearances this season.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)