Apr 29, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Griffin was shut down in the middle of spring camp with right elbow discomfort and later got diagnosed with a flexor muscle strain. He will now be sidelined through at least the first month of the 2015 season.
Griffin, 26, owns a 3.60 ERA and 1.126 WHIP in 282 1/3 career major league innings.
The A’s also lost Jarrod Parker to Tommy John surgery earlier this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (75)