Apr 29, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Josh Hamilton took one-handed swings yesterday and is expected to resume baseball activities next week. That is, unless you consider one-handed swings to be baseball activities. That may stretch the definition — one-handed swings are pretty boss, but they’re not that useful in games — so let’s just go with the official line here.
Hamilton underwent surgery earlier this month to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his thumb and is in a splint now instead of a cast. His recovery has appeared to be uneventful and he may be back ahead of schedule.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 8
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)