Apr 29, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
Josh Hamilton took one-handed swings yesterday and is expected to resume baseball activities next week. That is, unless you consider one-handed swings to be baseball activities. That may stretch the definition — one-handed swings are pretty boss, but they’re not that useful in games — so let’s just go with the official line here.
Hamilton underwent surgery earlier this month to repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his thumb and is in a splint now instead of a cast. His recovery has appeared to be uneventful and he may be back ahead of schedule.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)