Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
The Braves have announced that Mike Minor will make his 2014 debut on Friday against the San Francisco Giants. He will take the place of David Hale in the rotation. There has yet to be an announcement about any roster moves to make space for Minor, but they don’t need to do that before Friday.
Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with shoulder soreness. He made three minor league starts without incident so he seems ready to go. Not that his absence has been felt too severely. The Braves lead all of baseball in ERA and his replacement — Hale — has a 2.31 ERA in four starts.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)