Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
The Braves have announced that Mike Minor will make his 2014 debut on Friday against the San Francisco Giants. He will take the place of David Hale in the rotation. There has yet to be an announcement about any roster moves to make space for Minor, but they don’t need to do that before Friday.
Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with shoulder soreness. He made three minor league starts without incident so he seems ready to go. Not that his absence has been felt too severely. The Braves lead all of baseball in ERA and his replacement — Hale — has a 2.31 ERA in four starts.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)