Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
The Braves have announced that Mike Minor will make his 2014 debut on Friday against the San Francisco Giants. He will take the place of David Hale in the rotation. There has yet to be an announcement about any roster moves to make space for Minor, but they don’t need to do that before Friday.
Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with shoulder soreness. He made three minor league starts without incident so he seems ready to go. Not that his absence has been felt too severely. The Braves lead all of baseball in ERA and his replacement — Hale — has a 2.31 ERA in four starts.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 3
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 2
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 22
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)