Apr 29, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
The Braves have announced that Mike Minor will make his 2014 debut on Friday against the San Francisco Giants. He will take the place of David Hale in the rotation. There has yet to be an announcement about any roster moves to make space for Minor, but they don’t need to do that before Friday.
Minor underwent a urinary tract procedure on December 31 and showed up to spring training with shoulder soreness. He made three minor league starts without incident so he seems ready to go. Not that his absence has been felt too severely. The Braves lead all of baseball in ERA and his replacement — Hale — has a 2.31 ERA in four starts.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)