Apr 29, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The move comes ahead of Fister’s expected return from the DL next week and in the meantime the Nationals decided they’d rather have an extra reliever in Ryan Mattheus.
Jordan posted incredible numbers in the minors last season, going 9-1 with a 1.00 ERA in 90 innings between Double-A and Triple-A as a 24-year-old, and then he tossed 52 innings with a 3.66 ERA in his Nationals debut. He’ll be back at some point and still projects as a solid part of the Nationals’ plans long term.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 26
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)