Apr 29, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
The move comes ahead of Fister’s expected return from the DL next week and in the meantime the Nationals decided they’d rather have an extra reliever in Ryan Mattheus.
Jordan posted incredible numbers in the minors last season, going 9-1 with a 1.00 ERA in 90 innings between Double-A and Triple-A as a 24-year-old, and then he tossed 52 innings with a 3.66 ERA in his Nationals debut. He’ll be back at some point and still projects as a solid part of the Nationals’ plans long term.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 58
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 38
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)