Apr 29, 2014, 9:46 AM EST
You only get a couple of chances in life. Unless you’re Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco, who seems to have gotten a dozen. He’s been up and down and back up again. He’s failed at the major league level for the most part but, since he has timed those flashes of quality just right and since he has run out of minor league options, he has always managed to hold on.
He’s holding on again, at least for now. Carrasco has posted a 6.95 ERA through four appearances this season and has lost his spot in the rotation. The Indians have moved him to the bullpen. As a result they will use Zach McAllister on three days’ rest tomorrow and, in all likelihood, Trevor Bauer will be called up to fill Carrasco’s spot in the rotation. Bauer has looked like a totally different pitcher this spring, one who is finally ready to fulfill his promise.
As for Carassco, he’s still in the bigs. But you have to think that Cleveland is about at the end of its rope with him.
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 142
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 66
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 42
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (143)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)