Dodgers bundled up for ugly-weather game at Target Field

Apr 30, 2014, 7:59 PM EDT

Tuesday’s game between the Dodgers and Twins had to be postponed due to a wintry mix of weather in and around Minneapolis’ Target Field. The two teams are playing through on Wednesday night despite there being more ugliness in the forecast, and the club from Los Angeles is breaking out the ski masks …

The answer to that final tweet: first baseman Adrian Gonzalez.

This is the Los Angeles Dodgers’ third-ever regular-season trip to Minnesota.

1. andreweac - Apr 30, 2014 at 9:46 PM

Puig in a ski mask? Just proves he isn’t gritty and lacks the will to win. Think of the children…

2. kcrobert10 - May 1, 2014 at 12:14 AM

Still don’t understand why they didn’t put a rolling roof on that stadium.

• happytwinsfan - May 1, 2014 at 9:17 AM

I still don’t understand what was wrong with the dome. No rain outs, no snow outs, and the other teams hated playing in it. What was not to like, except for a lack of revenue.

• percychuggs - May 1, 2014 at 10:18 AM

The other teams hated playing in it, the Twins hated playing in it, and the fans hated watching games in it. You’ve obviously never been to the Metrodome. It was a football stadium that they played baseball in.

Since Target Field opened in 2010, 97% of the Twins games have been played as scheduled. They don’t need a roof.

• happytwinsfan - May 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I’ve been to the dome a number of times. I liked it’s homey plastic feel. I don’t know that the Twins hated the considerable home field advantage it gave them, which now seems to be gone.

• sailcat54 - May 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM

I saw a Twins game in the dome once on a trip to Minnesota. Hated it. Saw a game in the Houston Astrodome many years ago. Hated that, too. I guess I don’t like domes.

• ewyorksockexchange - May 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Money.

• Bryz - May 1, 2014 at 1:47 PM

Uh, because this weather is unusual for April/May?

• gloccamorra - May 1, 2014 at 3:58 PM

It was pretty common weather in the 1960s. I remember all the muffled gloved claps of the bundled up crowd when Harmon Killebrew hit one out.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (5294)