Apr 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s some pitcher-caliber hitting, so the Dodgers have decided to demote Federowicz back to the minors and call up veteran Miguel Olivo from Triple-A.
The good news is that Olivo was hitting .390 with four homers and a 1.099 OPS in 15 games at Triple-A.
The bad news is that Olivo is 35 years old and has hit a combined .222 with a .633 OPS during the past three seasons. And even while lighting up Triple-A recently he posted a ghastly 19/3 K/BB ratio. He can’t help but be an improvement over Federowicz and Butera, but Olivo is a pretty awful hitter himself.
They need Ellis to get healthy.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)