Apr 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s some pitcher-caliber hitting, so the Dodgers have decided to demote Federowicz back to the minors and call up veteran Miguel Olivo from Triple-A.
The good news is that Olivo was hitting .390 with four homers and a 1.099 OPS in 15 games at Triple-A.
The bad news is that Olivo is 35 years old and has hit a combined .222 with a .633 OPS during the past three seasons. And even while lighting up Triple-A recently he posted a ghastly 19/3 K/BB ratio. He can’t help but be an improvement over Federowicz and Butera, but Olivo is a pretty awful hitter himself.
They need Ellis to get healthy.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)