Apr 30, 2014, 4:16 PM EDT
That’s some pitcher-caliber hitting, so the Dodgers have decided to demote Federowicz back to the minors and call up veteran Miguel Olivo from Triple-A.
The good news is that Olivo was hitting .390 with four homers and a 1.099 OPS in 15 games at Triple-A.
The bad news is that Olivo is 35 years old and has hit a combined .222 with a .633 OPS during the past three seasons. And even while lighting up Triple-A recently he posted a ghastly 19/3 K/BB ratio. He can’t help but be an improvement over Federowicz and Butera, but Olivo is a pretty awful hitter himself.
They need Ellis to get healthy.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)