Apr 30, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
On the 60-day disabled list with a torn shoulder muscle, Rangers infielder Jurickson Profar has been cleared to swing a bat and is expected to resume a throwing program next week.
However, according to Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas there’s still no official timetable for Profar’s return. Because he’s on the 60-day disabled list he’s not even eligible to rejoin the Rangers’ active roster until late May anyway.
Rangers assistant general manager Thad Levine indicated that the team will play it very safe with Profar’s timetable after perhaps attempting to rush him back too soon during spring training. In his absence they’ve used a combo of journeymen Donnie Murphy and Josh Wilson at second base with predictably poor results, as they’ve hit .220 with one homer and a .588 OPS in 27 games.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $45,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)