Apr 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Brewers starting pitcher Matt Garza left today’s game with a right thumb contusion. He did it while batting, actually. So Universal DH Now.
Not that his batting was his only problem today. Garza allowed five runs on five hits and four walks over three innings against the Cardinals before he left the game.
The Brewers are calling him day to day. I assume Garza is having a Twitter war with his bat or telling someone how the Cubs are the ones behind this injury or something.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 1
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 44
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 44
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 42
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)