Apr 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
Brewers starting pitcher Matt Garza left today’s game with a right thumb contusion. He did it while batting, actually. So Universal DH Now.
Not that his batting was his only problem today. Garza allowed five runs on five hits and four walks over three innings against the Cardinals before he left the game.
The Brewers are calling him day to day. I assume Garza is having a Twitter war with his bat or telling someone how the Cubs are the ones behind this injury or something.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)