Apr 30, 2014, 4:34 PM EDT
Brewers starting pitcher Matt Garza left today’s game with a right thumb contusion. He did it while batting, actually. So Universal DH Now.
Not that his batting was his only problem today. Garza allowed five runs on five hits and four walks over three innings against the Cardinals before he left the game.
The Brewers are calling him day to day. I assume Garza is having a Twitter war with his bat or telling someone how the Cubs are the ones behind this injury or something.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)