Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Big picture? This New York Mets “True New Yorker” thing is just outreach, marketing, fan service and the like. It’s a different spin than we’ve seen before, but it’s basically just “Nattitude” or “Red Sox Nation” or any other number of fan slogans/campaigns we’ve seen in the past.
Small, petty, fun picture? The suggestion that “True New Yorkers” are Mets fans is probably gonna make Yankees fans really mad. And I’m sure that, at least in some way, that was fully intended.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)