Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EST
Big picture? This New York Mets “True New Yorker” thing is just outreach, marketing, fan service and the like. It’s a different spin than we’ve seen before, but it’s basically just “Nattitude” or “Red Sox Nation” or any other number of fan slogans/campaigns we’ve seen in the past.
Small, petty, fun picture? The suggestion that “True New Yorkers” are Mets fans is probably gonna make Yankees fans really mad. And I’m sure that, at least in some way, that was fully intended.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)