Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Big picture? This New York Mets “True New Yorker” thing is just outreach, marketing, fan service and the like. It’s a different spin than we’ve seen before, but it’s basically just “Nattitude” or “Red Sox Nation” or any other number of fan slogans/campaigns we’ve seen in the past.
Small, petty, fun picture? The suggestion that “True New Yorkers” are Mets fans is probably gonna make Yankees fans really mad. And I’m sure that, at least in some way, that was fully intended.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 15
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 57
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)