Apr 30, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
Big picture? This New York Mets “True New Yorker” thing is just outreach, marketing, fan service and the like. It’s a different spin than we’ve seen before, but it’s basically just “Nattitude” or “Red Sox Nation” or any other number of fan slogans/campaigns we’ve seen in the past.
Small, petty, fun picture? The suggestion that “True New Yorkers” are Mets fans is probably gonna make Yankees fans really mad. And I’m sure that, at least in some way, that was fully intended.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)