Apr 30, 2014, 8:56 AM EDT
This is cool, but it’s also sad.
It’s cool because it’s Yogi Berra’s house and, if you want to, you can buy it for $888,000 which, yes, is a custom price designed to match Yogi’s retired number 8. It’s sad, however, because Berra decided to sell the house last year, presumably because it was getting to be too big or too much for he and his wife Carmen as they approached 90. Carmen died recently. Yogi doesn’t live there anymore. Leaving the place you call home happens to a lot of our grandparents and parents and eventually it will happen to us too.
But there are still 40 years worth of memories in that house and well over 50 years worth of memories for the Berras in Montclair, New Jersey. Here’s hoping whoever buys this house is worthy of the Berras and their wonderful legacy.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 38
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 66
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)