May 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Hicks hit the back of his head on the center field wall while trying to make a leaping catch of a fly ball off the bat of Scott Van Slyke in the top of the sixth inning. You can watch the play here. Hicks remained in the game before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh. While the Twins said that he was pulled for “precautionary reasons,” a trip to the 7-day concussion disabled list could be in his future.
Hicks, 24, is batting .178/.315/.260 with one home run, seven RBI, and a 23/15 K/BB ratio over 24 games this season.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)