May 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Hicks hit the back of his head on the center field wall while trying to make a leaping catch of a fly ball off the bat of Scott Van Slyke in the top of the sixth inning. You can watch the play here. Hicks remained in the game before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh. While the Twins said that he was pulled for “precautionary reasons,” a trip to the 7-day concussion disabled list could be in his future.
Hicks, 24, is batting .178/.315/.260 with one home run, seven RBI, and a 23/15 K/BB ratio over 24 games this season.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 0
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 51
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 77
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 65
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)