May 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Hicks hit the back of his head on the center field wall while trying to make a leaping catch of a fly ball off the bat of Scott Van Slyke in the top of the sixth inning. You can watch the play here. Hicks remained in the game before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh. While the Twins said that he was pulled for “precautionary reasons,” a trip to the 7-day concussion disabled list could be in his future.
Hicks, 24, is batting .178/.315/.260 with one home run, seven RBI, and a 23/15 K/BB ratio over 24 games this season.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 2
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 50
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 27
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)