May 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Hicks hit the back of his head on the center field wall while trying to make a leaping catch of a fly ball off the bat of Scott Van Slyke in the top of the sixth inning. You can watch the play here. Hicks remained in the game before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh. While the Twins said that he was pulled for “precautionary reasons,” a trip to the 7-day concussion disabled list could be in his future.
Hicks, 24, is batting .178/.315/.260 with one home run, seven RBI, and a 23/15 K/BB ratio over 24 games this season.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)