May 1, 2014, 11:17 PM EDT
Hicks hit the back of his head on the center field wall while trying to make a leaping catch of a fly ball off the bat of Scott Van Slyke in the top of the sixth inning. You can watch the play here. Hicks remained in the game before being lifted for a pinch-hitter in the bottom of the seventh. While the Twins said that he was pulled for “precautionary reasons,” a trip to the 7-day concussion disabled list could be in his future.
Hicks, 24, is batting .178/.315/.260 with one home run, seven RBI, and a 23/15 K/BB ratio over 24 games this season.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)