Josh Reddick got a Dustin Pedroia bobblehead today

May 1, 2014, 3:18 PM EST

The Oakland A’s are off today, but they’re off in Boston where they begin a weekend series against the Sox tomorrow. Josh Reddick, for his part, is not content to go sightseeing on his day off. Rather, he’s taking in the Rays-Sox game today. Maybe because he wants to watch his former teammates. Maybe, because it’s swag day at Fenway Park:

Nice seats for Reddick, there. I wonder if he knows a guy.

1. darthicarus - May 1, 2014 at 3:19 PM

That appears to be a life-size bobblehead.

2. cur'68 - May 1, 2014 at 3:55 PM

When Dustin Pedroia gets a Josh Reddick bobblehead the circle will be complete.

3. jwbiii - May 1, 2014 at 4:06 PM

My preferred place to kill time in Boston is the New England Aquarium (just a block and a half from Legal Fish) but I have never had the opportunity while the Sox were playing a day game.

• raynman49 - May 1, 2014 at 4:42 PM

I guess you’ve never heard of the Cask n’ Flagon.

• jwbiii - May 1, 2014 at 6:16 PM

For pre-game beers, I prefer Boston Beer Works. I used to visit Boston often on business and stay at the Marriott Long Wharf, so the Aquarium and Legal Fish and a place near there that sells relatively inexpensive #1 1/4s were quite convenient for me. Also Fanueil Market.

• jwbiii - May 1, 2014 at 6:24 PM

I used to go to Bobby Orr’s, across the street from North Station after games, waiting for the train to Gloucester, and the late, lamented Fatted Calf on Kenmore Square for a burger and a beer before.

4. mikhelb - May 1, 2014 at 10:32 PM

something similar happened last season with the redsox attending a game, or the a’s attending a game, but i can not remember it well.

• clydeserra - May 1, 2014 at 10:37 PM

in Toronto. Pedroia Saltiamacia and Gomes heckeld reddick from the behind home plate seats (Pedroia and gomes former teammates with reddick, I dunno about saltiamaccia)

5. APBA Guy - May 2, 2014 at 12:33 AM

Yep, wonder where former teammate Brandon Moss was in all of this. No doubt at the Museum of Fine Art.

6. shaggylocks - May 2, 2014 at 8:57 AM

The Red Sox keep trading away homegrown players I like and the As keep snapping them up.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester
  1. W. Myers (4672)
  2. M. Kemp (3720)
  3. M. Cabrera (2919)
  4. J. Kang (2723)
  5. M. Morse (2607)
  1. J. Upton (2600)
  2. W. Middlebrooks (2265)
  3. A. Rios (2261)